Weddings touch everyone’s lives! Everyday brides, grooms, friends, family, and guests use Wedding Party to share in the wedding excitement.
WHAT WE OFFER:
A ton of responsibility that will make an impact on our users’ lives. Wedding Party wants to change the way couples and their guests experience weddings. Our philosophy is to focus on one problem at a time and solve it. We’re a fast growing startup with a big vision and we’re looking for someone who is as passionate about product and solving problems as we are. Oh, and obviously a salary + equity + benefits + equipment + awesome teammates.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
You’ll be working on solving many pain points for those about to get hitched. Approximately 40,000 couples tie the knot every week. You’ll be working on a product making a huge impact on one of the most important days in a person's life.
Our website and API are built using Rails. Our iPhone and Android apps are native and written in Java and Objective-C. We love the full stack, and hope you do too.
We’re on Rails 3.2. We speed development with Coffeescript, Underscore, Haml, and Sass. We test drive our development with RSpec specs, and we cover user scenarios with Capybara and Selenium. If you listen to Ruby Rogues or Giant Robots Smashing into other Giant Robots you’ll fit right in.
Our native apps are written to our designer’s... um... challenging specifications. No, seriously, our stuff needs to look amazing, and we spend a fair amount of time ensuring that the apps perform well and look awesome. Like on the server, we use test-driven development to ensure our native code is well-designed and solid. We use high-level automated acceptance tests (monkeyrunner and UI Automation) to ensure that we don’t introduce regressions.
You care deeply about your work. You are interested in contributing your opinions and perspective to help the team solve the challenges that our users face. You are willing to go out of your way to help the product succeed by helping us find new ways to improve the service.
You are looking for a challenge. You are ready to act the moment something goes wrong and can quickly come up with a fix and a game plan to make sure we won’t run into a similar problem again. We care more about your passion and experience than what school you went to.
We want to hear from you. Apply by sending an email to email@example.com with your resume, projects, and anything that will help us get to know you as a developer.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
Based on your skill set and interests, we’d have you working on complex problems either in Rails, Android, or iOS.
- Working towards (or graduated with) a degree in Computer Science.
- Solid foundation in CS, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Experience in Ruby on Rails is a plus
- Knowledge and experience on using open source code/framework
- Ability to think from a user/customer’s perspective and to appreciate design details
- Able to quickly prototype and iterate
- High performer and care deeply about your work.
- Interested in contributing your opinions to help solve challenges our users face.
- Excited to help us find new ways to improve the service.
- Looking for a challenge.
- A team player, with the ability collaborate with other team members and deliver on project timelines
Email your resume, GitHub account and any previous projects (school projects or past internship projects are ok) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- This is the perfect part time position for a driven person who loves writing, problem solving, and creating relationships.
- We pride ourselves in standing out among the wedding blog community. You’ll be crafting down-to-earth and original wedding content, writing for thousands of readers every day in the signature witty Wedding Party voice.
- You will be strategizing new ways to get our blog's content in front of a bigger audience and acquiring new readers.
- You will be the face of Wedding Party, interacting with our readers and our users.
- You will use your creativity and taste to bring the most engaging content to our readers.
- You will study the relationship between blog content and reader engagement, and use the data to direct your future blogging strategies.
- You are a college student (Junior & Senior)
- You are an exceptional communicator. Your words can make complex DIY projects seem like craft hour at an elementary school. You know how to write in a way that engages people and makes them tick.
- You are known for your meticulous attention to detail because you take pride in your work. Which means you have a high bar for the work you create and have no tolerance for typos or bad grammar.
- You are self-motivated and enjoy tackling undefined problems. Startups are chaotic and we need a candidate who is ready to jump in head first.
- Ideally, you’ve written for a school newspaper or have your own blog. Having experience with Wordpress, Photoshop and Google Analytics is a plus.
Include your resume, a short note about something a lot of people don’t know about you, and links to your public twitter/pinterest/tumblr profiles or a blog if you have one. Email us at email@example.com.